Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship, formerly known as Maulana Azad Scholarship, is a national scholarship started for female students that belong to minority communities. This scholarship was started with an objective to financially support the merit-worthy female students. Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship distributes a scholarship reward of INR 6,000 to the selected minority students of class 9 to 12. The scholarship is funded by the Government of India and implemented by Maulana Azad Education Foundation, to give almost 5,89,838 girl students who have received the benefits of this scholarship till now.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National , previously known as Maulana Azad Scholarship, provides financial aid to minority girl students to help and encourage their academic pursuits. The scholarship covers the admission, course/tuition fee and maintenance allowance. The details of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship amount are highlighted below.
- Pragati Scholarship – AICTE Scholarship Scheme for Girl Child
- SKDRDP Scholarship Online Application Form
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Award Money
- Class 9 and 10
The scholarship would cover tuition fee, books & stationery expenses, boarding/lodging charges. Each person in this class is subject to a maximum reward of INR 10,000. This reward would be given in two installments of INR 5,000 each per student.
- Class 11 and 12
This scholarship covers College/School fee, books & stationery expenses, boarding/lodging charges. Each person qualified for the scholarship in this class receives a maximum reward of INR 12,000. The reward would be released in two installments of INR 6,000 each per student.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Key Dates
This minority scholarship is generally announced every year in the month of July and its deadline falls in the month of September. However, this year due to the pandemic, the scholarship dates have been The key dates to apply for the scholarship in the year 2022 are mentioned below
- Start of online registration for scholarship applications: 20 July 2022
- Late date to submit online scholarship applications: 30 September 2022
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship was created for only girl students belonging to the six notified minority communities which include Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi religions. The details of the eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
- People studying in class 9 to 12 can apply for the scholarship.
- Students must have secured at least 50% marks or grades (aggregate) in their previous class.
- The annual family income of the candidate must not be more than INR 2 Lakh from all sources.
- Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Haryana – All You Need to Know
- Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Scholarship – Eligibility, Apply
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Application Process
To make the scholarship application process easy for the applicants, the Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) allows students to apply online for the scholarship through its scholarship portal. Find below the steps to fill the Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship application form.
Applicants applying for the first time need to register themselves on the National Scholarship Portal by filling the ‘Student Registration Form’.
A page of Guidelines for Registration on NSP will open.
- Go through the guidelines carefully.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Fill in all required details.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- The applicants must log in using the registered mobile number and date of birth to fill the scholarship form.
- Click on the login button to start the scholarship application.
- While filling the scholarship form, applicants need to give information regarding their bank details, marks details, parents’ occupation and income details.
Students also need to upload the required documents and then finally submit the application form.
- Bihar Board Matric 1st Division Scholarship Application
- Jindal Scholarship: Scholarship Rewards, Eligibility, Application, Dates
Before filling the registration form, the applicants are advised to keep all the necessary documents with them. The size of each document must not exceed 200 KB and should be in JPG, PNG or PDF format. The list of documents that the candidates need to have with them is highlighted below.
- Recent passport size photograph of the applicant
- School verification form attested by the Principal of the school/institute
- Mark sheet of the last exam passed attested by the Principal
- Parents/Guardians’ income certificate issued by a competent authority declared by the State/UTs Administration.
- Self-declaration of minority community certificate by the applicant
- Self-certified copy of the first page of bank/postal account passbook which should be in the name of the applicant (either single or joint account with her parents)
- A copy of the applicant’s Aadhaar card (in case of unavailability of Aadhaar card, applicants can submit a birth certificate, BPL card or Rashan card)
The applicants for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship are selected on the basis of their yearly family earnings. The applicants with at least 50% marks in the previous exam are selected for the disbursal of the Begum Hazrat Scholarship still based on the lower-income criteria.
Since the applications are open for all the classes, i.e., classes 9 to 12, any application for renewal of the Begum Hazrat Scholarship will not be accepted. Students need to apply newly for each class in order to avail the benefits of this minority scholarship.
How to Check Application Status
The applicants can check the status of their scholarship application on MAEF Scholarship Portal by entering their application details such as scholarship category, identification details and date of birth. Click on the link to check the status of your application.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
There are a few terms and conditions that should be followed by the applicants while filling the application form. The details of some of them are highlighted below.
- Begum Hazrat Scholarship is disbursed among students of each State/UT on the basis of the population of minority groups in each State/UT as per Census 2011.
- Applicants with the lowest income are given preference during the disbursement of the scholarships.
- While submitting the income certificate, candidates must provide a self-certified English/Hindi version of the income certificate if it is in the regional language.
- Each applicant is entitled to submit only one application form. More than one application form is considered duplicate and thus, it is rejected or the candidate might be disqualified.
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode is used to transfer the scholarship reward into the Beneficiary account.
- Begum Hazrat scholarship is only given to pursue an education in India and not other countries/cities.
- Students participating in the scholarship cannot take a transfer to another educational institution except in case of extraordinary circumstances. Also, migration should be in the interest of the student’s academic career.
- Students who are beneficiaries of one scholarship implemented by the Central or State government are not eligible for the Begum Hazrat Scholarship.
- The scholarship would be stopped in case of an academic gap/repetition of a class, in the studies of the student.
- If an applicant gives any false information to obtain the scholarship, Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship stands cancelled and the paid scholarship amount would be recovered by the State/UT government.
- The scholarship once stopped cannot be revived under any circumstance.
- All the rules and regulations specified by the authority are subject to change from time to time.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – FAQs
✔️ Q. What is Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Answer: Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is a national level scholarship for minority community girl students. Introduced by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India, this scheme supports the education of girl students studying in Class 9 to 12. This scheme was earlier known with the name of Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls.
✔️ Q. How can a student check his/her Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Status?
Answer: The students who have applied for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship can check their application status online only through the official website of MAEF. The home page carries a ‘Status’ tab from where the applicants can track their application status. They must provide details like scholarship category, identification details and date of birth to view their application status.
✔️ Q. Is the Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls the same as Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Answer: Yes. Earlier, the name of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship was Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls.
✔️ Q. What is the last date to apply for the Maulana Azad Scholarship/Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Answer: For the academic year 2021-22, the registrations are open till 30th November 2021 and the students are allowed to submit the completed application till the same.
✔️ Q. Who can apply for the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Answer: The scholarship is open for minority community girl students who are studying in Class 9 to 12. They are required to have obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in the previous qualifying examination. Also, the annual income of the family should be less than INR 2 lakh per annum from all sources.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship – Contact Details
In case of any query regarding Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship, the applicants can contact the Scholarship Incharge:
Maulana Azad Campus,
Chelmsford Road, Opposite New Delhi Railway Registration Centre,
- Phone No: Phone: 011-23583788, 011-23583789
- Email: email@example.com
List of State Scholarship portal
- Scholarships for Uttar Pradesh
- UP Scholarship
- Scholarships for Maharashtra
- Post Matric Scholarships disbursements through ePass
- Epass Scholarship
- Jnanabhumi online portal of Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Scholarship portal of Jharkhand
- E Kalyan Scholarship
- Government of Madhya Pradesh, MP scholarships
- MP Scholarship
- Karnataka education board, ePASS Karnataka
- Epass Karnataka Scholarship
- TS epass scholarship is offered by Telangana Govt
- Telangana Epass
- Scholarship Portal Government of Punjab
- Punjab Scholarship
- E-Grantz portal, Government of Kerala
- E Grantz
- Minorities under Government of Karnataka, GOKDOM
- Oasis scholarship portal, West Bengal scholarships
- Oasis Scholarship
- Chhattisgarh Scholarship Portal
- CG Scholarship Portal
- SJE Rajasthan Scholarship Portal, Government of Rajasthan
- SJE Scholarship
- Digital Gujarat scholarship, Government of Gujarat.
- Gujarat Scholarship
- HP ePass scholarship portal, Himachal Pradesh
- HP Epass Scholarship
- West Bengal Scholarship Schemes, West Bengal
- West Bengal Scholarship
- Government of Bihar Post-Matric scholarship SC/ST/BC/EBC
- Bihar Scholarship
- Scholarship for BC, MBC and Minorities, Govt of TamilNadu
- TN Scholarship