The CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship a scholarship programme that is given by the Directorate of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala to female students in Kerala. The purpose of this scholarship program is to financially help female students that live in Kerala, but belong to minority communities.
These minority communities that are eligible to apply for CH Muhammad Koya Scholarships (CHMS) are the Muslim community, Converted Christians, or Latin Catholic communities. Eligible students are to apply for the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarships after completing their first-year of admission.
Scholars can get a scholarship award/grant of Rs. 4,000 to Rs. 13,000 according to the level of course. The scholarship award from CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship is annually and would be disbursed in November/December every year. This article discusses the eligibility criteria, the application procedure, benefits, sanctioning process, and more about CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship 2022.
What Is The CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship 2022?
- Name of the scholarship scheme: CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship
- Conducting body: The scholarship is directed by the Directorate of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala
- Type of scholarship: The type of this scholarship is a Minority scholarship
- Purpose of scholarship: To provide financial assistance for girls pursuing their higher education as they belong to minority communities in Kerala.
Application deadline for CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship 2022
CH Muhammad Koya Scholarships have deadline. Applicants that do not meet any deadline would be disqualified from the selection process without discrimination. The last dates for various applications for CH Muhammad Koya scholarship programme are discussed below.
- Application deadline date to apply for CHMS: January 11, 2022
- Deadline date to print the online application: November 5, 2021
- Deadline to submit the printout and application form to the head of the institution: November 5, 2021
- Application inspection by the head of the institution: November 10, 2021
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship 2022?
Applicants are to meet all eligibility criteria of the CH Muhammad Koya Scholarships before applying for the same. If an applicant fails to meet the eligibility conditions, he would be disqualified from the candidature as the form is inspected by the head of the institution.
The eligibility criteria for the CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship are discussed below;
- Gender: Female only
- Religion: Applicants that belong to any of the following religion are eligible for this scholarship;
- Latin Catholic
- Converted Christian
- Educational Qualification: applicants must have passed class 12th or equivalent with a minimum of 50% in the previous exams.
- Family Income: Annual income of the family should be below Rs. 8,00,000 from all sources.
- Admission Requirements
- The applicant must be a student of a government/ aided institute, should have secured an admission under government quota in any unaided institute for higher education.
How to Apply For CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship 2022
Applicants should be able to apply for the CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship within the specified schedule with these application steps. Failure to meet the deadline leads to disqualification of the applicant from the scholarship programme. The steps to follow to apply for this scholarship are discussed below;
Step 1– Go to the official website of Directorate of Minority Welfare, Kerala, i.e. minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in
Step 2– Click on the tab for ‘Scholarships’ from the menu on the homepage
3rd Step – click on the link stating CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship that is on the new window
4th Step – Click on ‘Apply Online’
5th Step – Click on the ‘New Registration’ option
6th Step – Enter the following information to complete the registration process;
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate
- Personal details like name, date of birth, occupation, nationality, etc.
- Permanent address
- Current institution and course details
- Course which the scholarship is sought for
- Bank details
- Password settings
7th Step – Click the checkbox to accept the statement and enter the captcha code
8th Step – Click on ‘Submit’
9th Step – Print the confirmation page
NOTE – Candidates have to submit the printout of the application form and the attached documents to the head of the institution.
Documents to be submitted for CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship 2022
As stated earlier, candidates have to submit their documents with the hardcopy of their application form to the Head of the Institution. The Directorate of Minority Welfare will select the candidates for the CH Muhammad Koya scholarship after the examination of the papers. The documents required for the CH Muhammad Koya scholarship are;
- Hardcopy of the application form
- Passport photograph of the applicant (this should be a recent passport)
- HardCopy of previous examination mark sheet
- HardCopy of the first page of the bank passbook in the applicants name
- Income certificate issued by a qualified authority
Selection procedure for CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship 2022
Aspirants who filled the application form online before the last date are eligible for the selection process under the CH Muhammad Koya scholarship programme, while others would not be considered. Applicants are to print the application form and take it with the relevant documents to the head of the institution. Officials of the institution will verify the applicant and the information in the application form. After the review, the head of the institute/ principal is expected to approve the application at the scholarship portal.
After the approval, the institute must retain the documents of the applicants that was given to the head. The scholarship inspection team will be inspecting all the documents and the registration form of the candidate retained by the institute for the final selection.
Directorate of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala, will disburse the following scholarship awards under the CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship programme. Scholarship Awards under CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship
- Degree- 3000
What Are The Benefits Of CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship 2022?
The Directorate of Minority Welfare will shell out as many as 7,000 scholarship awards under the CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship scheme. The number of scholarships and the amount of the scholarship reward dusteibuted depending upon the level of the course. The CH Muhammad Koya scholarship scheme provides annual financial assistance for girls in Kelagl. The list below mentions the course-wise amount of financial aid offered by the Government of Kerala.
- Under Graduates -Rs. 5,000/Year
- Post Graduates-Rs. 6,000/ Year
- Professional Courses- Rs. 7,000/Year to Rs. 13,000/Year
How to renew CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship programme after a year.
After completion of one fully-funded academic year, candidates who wish to renew the scholarship for a new academic year. Beneficiaries can apply for the renewal by submitting the application form and documents to the head of the institute.
Rules And Regulations for applying
The rules/terms to be enforced while applying for the CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship programme are discussed below:
- Directorate of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala, distributes the CH Muhammad Koya scholarship form online via the scholarship portal.
- Although all applications should be done online via the scholarship portal, the applicants would print out the form and other ficumebtd⁴take it to the head of institute.he officials will not entertain the offline applications, however, candidates need to submit the print out of the form along with the relevant documents
- Applications of students studying in self-financing institutes should be forwarded directly by the head of the institute to the Directorate of Minority Welfare
- There is no application fee for the submission of the CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship form to the headvic
- The Income of the family should not be more than an amount of Rs. 8,00,000 from all sources
Frequently Asked Questions
Applicants might have various questions regarding the Muhammad Koya Scholarship programme. This section discusses the frequently asked questions related to CHMS to help applicants in answer common questions
Q.1 Through which medium is the CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship form released?
A.1 – The Directorate of Minority Welfare releases the application form for CH Muhammad Koya scholarship online at the official scholarship portal (dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in). No other medium is used for filling the scholarship form or applying for the renewal.
Q.2 What is the eligibility criteria for the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship?
A.2 – Female students of Kerala that belong to minority communities including Muslim, Latin Catholic or Converted Christian are the eligible criteria to apply for the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship.
Q.3 What is the selection method for the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship?
A.3 Directorate of Minority Welfare will select the beneficiaries for the CH Muhammad Koya scholarship based on the confirmation of applications by the project officer. Applicants having a lower family income are preferred.
Q.4 What is the scholarship award amount given by the CH Muhammad Koya Scholarship scheme?
A.4 Scholars under the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship (CHMS) program get a reward amount of up to Rs. 13,000 annually. This amount of scholarship varies upon the level of the course.
Q.5 How will the scholarship amount given by the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship scheme be disbursed?
A.5 The selected beneficiaries for the CH Muhammed Koya Scholarship will receive the scholarship amount via an electronic transfer to the bank account in the name of the candidate that was given during the application process.