PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2022: The University Grants Commission of India is hereby inviting applications through the National Scholarship Program for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Girl Child. This Scholarship hopes to provide financial assistance and support to the category of “Single Girl Child” undergoing their postgraduate studies. This scholarship will provide them with monetary assistance. The deadline for application for this scholarship is the 31st of October 2022. If you wish to know more about this scholarship and also how to apply for the scholarship program, go through the text below.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2023
Empowerment of women is one of the main aims of the government and its various agencies. To uplift the socially oppressed gender community is through education and that is why the government has launched this scholarship program. Working in the same vein, the University Grants Commission has inaugurated the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi scholarship, particularly for single-child children. Successful candidates will receive monetary gifts of Rs. 36,200 per year for 24 months of a non-professional post-graduate degree. The application process is done online and eligible candidates will have to register themselves before the dateline being 31st October 2022.
- Pragati Scholarship – AICTE Scholarship Scheme for Girl Child
- SKDRDP Scholarship Online Application Form
- Dr Ambedkar Scholarship, Haryana – All You Need to Know
Overview of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Target Group: Single Girl Child
- Authority: University Grants Commission or UGC
- Year: 2022
- Aim: To provide monetary assistance to Single Girl Child candidates for non-professional postgraduate study
- Beneficiaries: Single Girl Child pursuing a non-professional Post Graduate course in India
- Scholarship Slots: 3000
- Scholarship Amount: Rs. 36,200 per annum
- Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
- Application Mode: Online
- Last Date to Apply: 31 October 2022
- Defective and Institute Verification Dates: 15 November 2022
The scholarship was inaugurated with the main aim of empowering women. Females are compelled to give birth to male children, so to strengthen this belief, the Union Government is facilitating Girl Education by reimbursing the direct educational expense of the girl child. In addition, the government intends to drive the idea of nuclear families considering how increasing the population is. Hence, the idea of Single Girl Child is enormously supported. Thus, the UGC will be supporting the post-graduate education of candidates who are eligible to study non-professional courses. Moreover, the values and morals of the small family norms will also be recognized by the citizens of India.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Amount
The University Grants Commission will grant scholarships to eligible candidates with the sum of Rs. 36,200 per annum to cover the cost of their education for the 2 years of their postgraduate program. The money will be paid monthly with Rs. 3100 paid monthly. It will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the successful candidate through the Direct Bank Transfer or DBT mode. No extra cost of the hostel or even medications will be covered under this scholarship. Only the decided sum of Rs. 3100 per month will certainly be provided. The amount will be awarded from the date of joining the institution.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Slots
Every year the Commission will award 3000 of the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarships to the eligible and selected Single Girl Child candidates. Only first-year students are eligible for this scholarship, thus, there will be full coverage of two years and not one.
Features of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The following are the benefits that the candidates will receive if they are eligible to receive this scholarship:
- The monetary incentive of Rs. 36,200 is payable in form of a monthly stipend to eligible candidates.
- This scheme compensates the expenses of non-professional postgraduate courses for a complete duration of 2 years.
- 3000 scholarships will be awarded to the candidates.
- Since PG IG Scholarship is of an Incentive nature, candidates can also apply for other scholarships while they are availing of the monetary award of this scheme.
- The amount will be transferred directly into the account of a single girl child candidate through Direct Bank Transfer mode.
- No extensions for scholarships are allowed after 2 years of the course.
- Tuition Fee Reimbursement is prohibited as per this scholarship. But, the authorities do expect the Institutes to support the candidates by waiving the Tuition Fee.
- No hostel fees or medical expenses or any other fee will be covered under this scheme. Only the aforementioned amount will be awarded to the candidates.
- Candidates who are pursuing distance education will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be renewed based on the Receipt of Renewal.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the scholarship, the candidates must observe the sequential eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Only a single girl child in the family will be allowed to avail of benefits of this scheme.
- Twin or Fraternal Girl child candidates can also apply for this scheme.
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 30 years.
- The candidate should be a first-year student in a post-graduation course.
- The candidate should be pursuing a non-professional course and be taking regular classes from a recognised institution.
- If there is a son and a daughter in a family, the girl child will be regarded as ineligible for this scholarship scheme.
- The candidate must not be a recipient of the PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder.
The interested candidates need to upload the following documents and details when applying online for the scholarship:
- Name of the Applicant.
- Address details of the Applicant.
- Date of birth of the Applicant.
- Aadhar Card of the Applicant as an Identity Document.
- Percentage of marks achieved in UG course.
- Valid mobile number and email ID.
- Details of the bank account of the Applicant.
- Class X or equivalent certificate to serve as a Birth Certificate.
- Undergraduate Certificate.
- Proof of admission into a recognised Master’s degree course in an institute located in India and recognised by the UGC.
- An affidavit from the student duly attested by the First Class Magistrate or a Gazetted Officer to prove that she is the only child in the family.
- Photocopy of the bank passbook of the Applicant.
- A progress Report after the completion of the first year along with the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates needs to be submitted by the institution.
- Funds Utilization Certificate also needs to be submitted by the Institution Authorities after completion of the First Year.
Application Procedure for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Interested candidates need to apply for the scholarship before the last date. Only those who registered online for the scheme will be considered and awarded if eligible:
- Open the official web portal of the National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in. This is the common portal for applying for Government Scholarships. All the Central, State and UGC or AICTE scholarships are available here for the candidates to apply for.
- Previously registered candidates need to Login by tapping on “Login to Apply”. However, others need to register on the portal first by filling out a registration form at “New Registration”.
- A dropdown list will open up. Select “Fresh 2022”.
- Enter the Login Credentials, that is, the Login ID and the Password.
- Read the case-sensitive captcha code and enter it in the given box.
- Press “Login”. The user dashboard will consequently open up.
- Click on “Apply for Scholarship”. A scholarship application will open up.
- Select the scheme type as “Incentive” and select the Scholarship type as “Post-matriculation”.
- Enter all the required details marked with “*”.
- Upload the aforementioned documents in the required size and format.
- Carefully review the application before submitting it since the authorities do not allow editing or making corrections in the application form after successful submission.
- Finally, press “Submit”.
- Check how to register at NSP Portal
Cancellation of PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The scholarship, once awarded to the candidate can only be cancelled under the following circumstances:
- If the candidate is found to be ineligible for the scholarship. The authorities will have to get a refund from the applicant in such a case.
- Applicants who change course in between will stop receiving the scholarship incentive from the date of the change.
- Students who might fail in the preceding year will be forfeited from the reception of the scholarship award.
- Marks lower than 60% will also result in the cancellation of the Scholarship.
- Candidates who will not take permission prior to dropping out from the course will have to refund the availed amount.
- Misconduct of the awardees as reported by the government or the institution.
PG Indira Gandhi Scholarships Helpdesk
To contact for related queries regarding the PG Indira Gandhi Scholarships for Single Girl Child, the candidates need to contact the authorities of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Phone Number: 0120 – 6619540
- Mail Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official National Scholarships Portal or NSP: scholarships.gov.in
- Official University Grants Commission webpage for scholarship: sgc.ugc.ac.in