Jindal Scholarship 2022-2023: The Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship is given to students by the Sitaram Jindal Foundation. It is a well-known scholarship scheme handed out to students across the nation of India to undertake various degree courses. Funding for higher education is becoming expensive by the day and not everyone has the leverage of affording higher education at this price, so to alleviate the stress of not being able to meet up with the needed funds for higher education studies, the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship has the mandate of helping students financially after their class 11 until post-graduation.
The scholarship program is on a merit-cum-means basis. Candidates are eligible for scholarships depending on the criteria they meet for the various scholarship categories. With this scholarship, there is no dateline and so students can at any time of the year. To find out more information about the scholarship program and also how to submit the Jindal Scholarship application form, the documents required and other information, continue reading.
SEE ALSO: Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship Application: Eligibility, Dates
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship: An Overview
Before we bring you detailed information on Jindal Scholarship, let us bring you an overview of the same:
- Provided By: Sitaram Jindal Foundation
- Region: All over India
- Name of The Scholarship: Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
- Application Form: Online Mode
- Website: sitaramjindalfoundation.org
Jindal Scholarship Eligibility
Find below the category–wise eligibility criteria to apply for the Jindal Scholarship scheme:
Eligibility for Category A
- Candidates must be students of Class 11th or 12th.
- Male candidates are to have a score of at least 65% marks in their last exams while females are to have at least 60% in their last exams.
- Karnataka male students must have a score of at least 75% in their exams while their female counterparts must have a score of at least 70% marks in their last exams.
- For students who are from West Bengal, the minimum score required from males is 70% while the minimum score required from females is 65%.
- Applicants should not be above 30 years of age at the time of application.
- The family income should not exceed INR 4 lac per year in the case of employment.
- In the case of other students, family income should not exceed INR 2.5 lacs per year.
Eligibility for Category B
- Male candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks and female candidates 40% marks in the last exam.
- Candidates must be pursuing an ITI course from any private or government institution.
- Candidates should not be more than 30 years of age.
- The annual income of the candidate must not exceed INR 2.5 lac per annum.
- In the case of employment, the family income should not exceed INR 4 lac per annum.
Eligibility for Category C (Graduation courses)
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in the case of boys and 55% marks in the case of a girl candidate in the last year’s exam.
- In the case of Karnataka students, male candidates must have scored at least 70% marks and female candidates must have scored 65% marks.
- The required age of the candidate must not exceed 30 years.
- For students belonging to West Bengal, the minimum required percentage in the case of girls is 60% marks, and in the case of boys is 65% marks.
- In the case of employment, the family income of the candidate must not exceed INR 4 lac per annum.
- The annual income of the candidate must not be more than INR 2.5 lac per annum, for other students.
SEE ALSO: Medhavi National Scholarship: Start Dates, Eligibility, Rewards
Eligibility for Category C (Post Graduate Candidates)
- The candidate’s age must not have exceeded 30 years.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 65% marks in the case of boys and 60% marks in the case of girls candidates in the last year’s exam.
- In the case of Karnataka students, the male candidate must have scored at least 70% marks and female candidates must have scored 65% marks.
- The minimum family income limit is INR 4 lac per annum, in case of employment, and for other candidates, family income should not be more than INR 2.5 lac per annum.
Eligibility for Category D
- Candidates must be a student of any diploma course such as Automobile Tech., Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Pharmacy and Physiotherapy, environment, and Chemical-related courses.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 60% marks (for male candidates), and 55% marks (for female candidates) in the last year’s exam.
- Candidates must not have crossed 30 years of age.
- The annual family income of the candidate must not exceed INR 4 lac per annum, in case of employment, and the other candidate’s family income should not be more than INR 2.5 lac per annum.
Eligibility for Category E
- Candidates must be students of medicine, architecture, or engineering courses.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 70% marks in the case of male candidates, and 65% in the case of female candidates in the last year’s exam.
- Students of MDS are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
- The candidate’s age should be more than 30 years.
- The minimum family income limit is INR 4 lac per annum, in case of employment, and for other candidate family income should not be more than INR 2.5 lac per annum.
- For candidates from West Bengal and Karnataka, a minimum of 70% marks for girls candidates, and a minimum of 75% marks for boys candidates.
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship Rewards for Students
Sitaram Jindal Scholarship Rewards vary based on the category of candidates and gender. Refer to the table below for detailed rewards based on the category.
- Category ‘A’ students in the 11th and 12th Classes would revive Rs.500/- for Boys and Rs.700/- for Girls
- Category ‘B’ ITI Students of Govt. ITIs and Private ITIs would receive Rs.500/- for boys and Rs.700/- for girls.
- Category ‘C’ for Graduate Courses Like:
- B.A., B. Com, B.Sc., BFA, BCA, BBA, BBM, Bachelor of Business Economics/Finance, B.Sc. (Ag.), BVSC Integrated course of 5 years (first 3 years will be treated as graduation course)
- In the Field of Environment: Environment Scientist,
- Environment Engineer and Environment Journalist.
- In the field of Hospitality,
- Micro Biology, Forensic Sciences, and Social Work.
Girls would receive Rs. 1400/- while boys woukd receive Rs. 1100/-
- General Category
Boys – Rs.1100/-
Physically Challenged or Handicap Students – Rs.1400/-
Widows and unmarried wards of Ex-servicemen -Rs.1500/-
Application Process of Sitaram Jindal Scholarship 2022-2023
The Jindal scholarship application form can be submitted both offline and online. Applicants must apply through the Sitaram Jindal Foundation’s official website. Follow the steps below to apply online for the Jindal scholarship.
- 1st Step: Go to the official website of Sitaram Jindal Scholarship: sitaramjindalfoundation.org
- 2nd Step: Click on the ‘Apply for Scholarships’ option on the home page. Refer to the image below:
- 3rd Step: Click on ‘Download Application & Annexures’. You will get a PDF of the application form in a new tab. Download that PDF and take a printout of the same. We have provided the direct link to download the form in PDF format below:
- 4th Step: Fill in the application form carefully with all the details asked such as Name, Date of Birth, Nationality, Address, Father’s name, etc. Recheck all the filled details.
- 5th Step: Send the filled-in form to the following address:
The Trustee, Sitaram Jindal Foundation,
Jindal Nagar, Tumkur Road, Bengaluru 560073
Note: Only those application forms which are downloadable free of cost from the foundation’s website will be entertained. Application forms separately printed (in Printing Presses) will not be entertained.
Documents Required to Fill Jindal Scholarship Application Form
All candidates need to attach some important documents along with their application form when they send it to the officials at Sitaram Jindal Foundation.
- Photocopy of mark sheet of the last examination passed.
- Photocopy of SSLC/HSC marks card. (If it does not contain the date of birth, any other proof of date of birth is to be submitted, additionally).
- Candidates should submit the photocopy of the Income Certificate (for Category A and B i.e. PUC and ITI students, photocopy of BPL card or Income Certificate). Photocopies of the Income Certificate issued by the relevant authorities as indicated by the respective State Governments are to be submitted for category C, D, and E students, i.e. Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma, Engineering, and Medical students. The Income Certificate must be less than four years old at the time of application. Moreover, an Income Certificate is not required from orphans who will have to submit the death certificate of his/her parents.
- Certificate regarding annual fees as per Annexure-VIII.
- Certificate regarding students’ admission under Govt Merit Quota as per Annexure-VII (in case of B.Sc (Ag), B.Sc (Forestry), BVSC, Diploma, Engineering, Medical and MBA students)
- a certificate from the Warden or owner of private accommodation as per Annexure-IV or Annexure-IX as applicable.
For the physically challenged,
- a certificate from a competent authority.
For widows and Ex-servicemen:
- Widow I-Card
- Relationship Dependency Certificate.
FAQs on Jindal Scholarship
Q1: What is the mode to apply for the Jindal Scholarship?
Ans: Application for Jindal Scholarship can be done both offline and online. The link to apply for Jindal Scholarship is provided in this article.
Q2: Who can apply for Jindal Scholarship?
Ans: The educational qualification to apply for Jindal Scholarship under Category A is class 11th or 12th. Male candidates should at least score 65% and female candidates should score at least 60% in the previous qualifying exam.
Q3: Which organization offers the Jindal Scholarship?
Ans: Jindal Scholarship is offered by the Sitaram Jindal Foundation, Bengaluru.
Q4. What is the purpose of the Jindal Scholarship?
Ans: The Sitaram Jindal Scholarship aims to financially support students after their Class 11 until Post Graduation.
Q5. What type of scheme is the Jindal Scholarship?
Ans: The Jindal Scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scholarship scheme given out by the Sitaram Jindal Foundation.